Whew! The holidays are now over and I have recovered from our travels up north to see friends and family. We had a wonderful time catching up with everyone and I cherished every minute spent with my nephew and nieces. I caught a nasty little cold but I’m finally all better and ready to face the new year head on!
Nate and I are really excited about 2009. We both have so many goals for this year and even though it’s only 14 days into 2009, we can see some of them taking shape already. Our goals vary from traveling (obviously) to finances to eating better to education. Now please take note that these are NOT new year’s resolutions! These are goals that we set for ourselves, our marriage, and our life. They’re things we strive for regardless of the time of year or what happens to be trendy and “all the rage”.
This past year was a fun one. Our major goal was to move to France which technically we accomplished… if only for a few months! But we also did so many other things that I don’t want to forget:
- We went to spring training for the San Diego Padres and the Seattle Mariners in Arizona
- We took a boat to Catalina Island off the coast of Orange County
- We saw our first Cirque du Soleil show in Del Mar
- We spent a weekend in Vegas (seriously, what’s the draw? Hated it!)
- Took a road trip along the west coast… Mexico to Canada… in our Mini Cooper
- Nate went skydiving for his 32nd birthday
- Did the usual Southern California day trips: Disneyland, California Adventures, Sea World and the San Diego Zoo.
It was a great year but I’m hoping this year will be full of more “permanent” opportunities such as buying a home (after the market levels out) and building our retirement accounts.
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and happy new year to all of you!
(And don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten about my Europe Journal. I’ll post the next entry soon.)